Monday, December 12, 2005

Thai Islands (Photos)

Greetings, please accept my apologies for being rather slack recently but i've got some more photos for you to peruse so i'm sure you'll forgive me.

Going back a week or 2 we were in Chang Mai where we found these sculptures which i quite fancy having at my parents house in England (what do you reckon mum?)



Our trekking in Chang Mai was through some proper Thai Jungle



On the second day we got to go on an elephant for an hour which was awesome



Looks like a lady, in fact, it's a chap



Ah ha. That was in Chang Mai, but in Bangkok there was also a dodgy looking backing dancer ( i'm hoping it was just the one ;)



The one time we got scammed in Bangkok we did get to see an impressively tall Buddha



The temples in Bangkok were awesome but i particularly liked these 2 dudes



And that basically covers the past week or so, now for some new stuff!

We travelled from Bangkok overnight to Phuket on the west coast of Thailand expecting sun and beautiful beaches. The beaches are pretty nice, though somewhat overdeveloped, but the weather wasn't great, we got rain about 3 days out of 4. Still it was nice relaxing by the beach and it was still about 28 degrees so we were hardly freezing. From Phuket we got the ferry over to Koh Phi Phi to meet Em and James. PhiPhi is something of an enigma, almost everyone there is a backpacker yet the accomodation starts at $20 and for $80 you get a shack by the beach, it's all about four times more than the rest of thailand and i don't know why. The tsunami hit Phuket pretty hard, you can see smashed palm trees and maybe some of the building sites in this pic



We took a boat trip around the islands which was good, we went to the beach, as in 'The Beach' (Think Leonardo DiCaprio)



The snorkelling was fantastic here and the film crew apparently did a great job of clearing the place up when they filmed here. Later that day we got tuna sandwiches which were really nice though you wouldn't know it from this photo.



Suze and I left Em and James behind to get over to Koh Tao which offers some of the cheapest and best scuba diving in the world. We're 2 days into our course now and we do our final dives tomorrow morning, after which we'll get our open water certificates, lovely. Then the next day we're off to Koh Phangan to meet back up with Em and James and go to the full moon party, I can't wait.

12 Comments:

Blogger Ash said...

Ok i've now seen the new system album out here and i found a two disc edition with some of their old songs on it. However the reason for this comment is that there was a track near the end called "killing in the name" Can someone do me a favour and write some sort of report on this. Thanks. Also i read rammstein have realeased Rosentrot, any good???

Monday, 12 December, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What are we? Some kind of personal music reviewing service?

Anyways, I think you have bigger things to worry about. Like when Em finds out that you put a pic of her in her bikini up on the net for all and sundry to see. At least it proves she's actually out there, I was beginning to doubt her!

Monday, 12 December, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry Ash but I have no idea about the music, Rammstein is not exactly my cup of tea.

Glad to see some more pictures, but I swear the two dudes and the red and green temple are made out of lego.

Three weeks tomorrow and I'll be jetting off. Can't wait.

Laters.

Monday, 12 December, 2005  
Blogger minicookies said...

Dude those sculptures in the first photo rock! Please bring some back for your house - noone would mess with your place with those things standing outside!

Ditto to Macca I couldn't find anything about SOAD doing killing in the name, just loads of people arguing over how SOAD suck and RATM kick ass, or vice versa - they're quite clearly all wrong.

Did the elephant just pass you those banannas or what? was it a peace offering for the baby one ripping your foot clean off?

Take it easy guys

Kev

Monday, 12 December, 2005  
Blogger Ash said...

Ah well, never mind about system doing rage, how is hypnotize anyway? I'll probably get round to downloading it at a cafe at some point.

I bought the bunch of bananas on the way round for 10 baht and then fed nelly them, the trunk kept coming right up to my hands to ask for more until i'd run out. One pair of guys got covered in snot when they ran out of bananas, fortunately we were luckier.

Tuesday, 13 December, 2005  
Blogger Simon said...

i was refering to the wrong bit of text for one of those pictures, it made me laugh looking at a picture of a beach with you saying "you can't tell from the picture but we had nice tuna sandwiches"

then i spotted the one below...

/coat

Tuesday, 13 December, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bendy's just fine baby, just fine!

I've been having a hectic ole time and so have not done a good job of saing hello here.

I feel almost entirely back to normal now, I wouldn't know anything is wrong if not for the fact that half my department has sodded off to America leaving me behind.

I stoppe sniffing that lady some months ago, then there was a Frenc girl for a short while and all was good. But I knew it wasn't going to last. Now I'm sniffing a lady called Emma (she's a might more elegent than the one stuffing herself in the photo there. Sorry Em!). The nice thing is that I think she's sniffing back. This one's got prospects, so here's hoping.

Ash have you been playing with Lego - oh we've been there and done that.

What's the deal for new year everyone? Any plans I'm open to ideas - though fingers crossed that might change pending on this here lady I've met.

--- Master Bendy, Quiz Master Bendy. You heard it right. I'm hosting one tomorrow.

Always working hard

Wednesday, 14 December, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where has the real bendy gone? What's not elegant about that!!! I expect a grovelling email very soon-would like to see a photo of you, it seems that these days you are pretty hot stuff so you will have to give me some tips!!
love Em

Friday, 16 December, 2005  
Blogger Ash said...

Tom - Yeah i did get a bit sunburnt in Phuket. I burnt my back one day and then wore a shirt in the sea the next without cream and burnt my front, doh!

Bendy, can you please put other and then your name instead of anonymous, everone else has figured it out, it's not hard. Then i know i've got another smug git comment to peruse before i can get to another good one, thanks ;)

I'm hanging in Phangan at the moment with em and james and suze. It's full moon tonight, i can't wait, should be 8-10000 people on the beach. Lets hope it doesn't rain, though i think it'll take a lot to dampen the spirits of 10000 red bull powered yoofs.

Friday, 16 December, 2005  
Blogger minicookies said...

Damnit, you're going to be so dissapointed when you get there and there's only 4 other people there - hope that doesn't put a downer on things.

Kev

Friday, 16 December, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wasn't being smug that time. I was asked a question and I gave an answer (well an overly well informing answer). I'm just rather excited about this lady. But I'll leave it there before you tell me off again.

Sorry Em, sorry, sorry.

I've come to a new decision about the photo though. I think it looks like everyone has just discovered something very 'unexpected' in their lunch.

Right oh,

Speak later

--Bendy

Saturday, 17 December, 2005  
Blogger Ash said...

Kev you're a psychic, there were only 4 people on the beach, how did you know!?

Hehe, i'm glad the message has got through to Steve. Em couldn't really have a go at me as she was sitting at my computer to have a go at steve.

Monday, 19 December, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home