Saturday, October 22, 2005

Halong Bay

Well it had to happen, the first illness of the trip, i don't know if it was the beef noodles the night before or the beef soup that morning but i wasn't a happy bunny from about 2pm until the next morning.

We took a cruise around Halong bay which is a very pretty part of the world, though it does all look quite similar after you've been there a while. We did some kayaking which was cool and i was sick in a world heritage cave, classy i know. We got back about 4 and now we're waiting for our overnight train to Sapa.

It's nice to see i have such computer literate (geeky) mates, next time i have a bit of time i'll put up some more photos. That probably won't be for about 5 days though so you'll just have to sit on your hands or something.

5 Comments:

Blogger MUM said...

Mum says hope u are feelng better.
Saw the photo of Suze - nice tan. All the girls at work really envious of your travels - giving me lots of street cred.
aml xx

Saturday, 22 October, 2005  
Blogger tom said...

Ha ha, funny picture.

Steve you are a dick.
My sumervisors managed to find me a computer for my ofice at last. Spent a day trying to start it up, then half a day trying to re-format it. Then took it to technicians who told me it was buggered.

Good times.

Monday, 24 October, 2005  
Anonymous Dave said...

Ahhhh Tom, you're continual misery makes my life of repetitive, eye-straining software testing seem like that of a God. Cheers.

Nice picture Ash (and Suze), well worth the wait. Looking forward to more.

Monday, 24 October, 2005  
Anonymous Mighty Matt said...

Everyone seems to be having such a fun time at the moment (well in the UK at least). I'll be joining you all next week when I get my head in books, but meanwhile I'll just sit here and eat chocolate Hob Nobs :)

Monday, 24 October, 2005  
Blogger Ash said...

I found some chocolate hob nobs here the other day, 40000 dong! I can get a decent meal for 2 for that money, or 4 bottles of tiger beer. I was still tempted though...

Tuesday, 25 October, 2005  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home